1. Church Building Rental - when churches are first planted, we will rent buildings in location on the main road for the sake of visibility. It costs about $350 per month to rent a building large enough to support a church.
2. Pastor's Salary - support a church planting pastor through a gift of $300 per month.
--> When your church helps to financially support a pastor or help to pay for the rent on the church building, your church becomes a sister congregation to the one you are helping here in Thailand. We will help keep you connected with your sister church so you can see the eternal impact of your generosity.
3. Radio Station - there is a governent-operated radio station (very few are private) in Bo Win which is a city of about 150,000 people. This is the only radio station in this city. We can broadcast for two hours each day (any hours that we choose) for only $100 per month. We have found that most everyone listens to the radio here and this is a tremendous way to evangelize this area.
4. Video Projector - we need a video projector for our pastoral training center. The use of visuals help in training, especially since we still have a language barrier. Also, newly planted churches can borrow this projector until they can afford to buy their own. A new projector would cost about $2000.
5. Bibles and literature - We need Thai Bibles and evangelistic tracts and discipleship materials. Bibles cost about $15. A large box of colorful tracts cost about $120. Discipleship materials cost about $20 per person.
6. Help poor children go to school - for about $10 per month, you can help give transportation for rural children to get to school, pay for school fees, and have lunch provided for them. Many of these children live in the mountains of the north.
If you, your mission committee, church, or district would like to contribute to covering the costs of these items and strengthen the work of the Thailand Mission, please follow these easy steps:
- Your church (or district) treasurer can forward funds to your Conference Office, with the Project Advance Number written in the memo section of the check. (Thailand Advance # 00403A).
- Please contact us by email and let us know which project you are supporting, with information on how we can contact you / your church, so we can thank you. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your prayers, your support, and your love for Christ and the people of Thailand!
Sherri & Mike Morrissey