- Over the next two weeks, we will be on the road traveling all over Thailand and we need God's divine protection.
- There are two new possible church plants in process, and we are seeking wisdom from God as to how to proceed (or if we should proceed with one or both at all). Please pray God gives us clear direction on this.
- We will begin the process of looking for land to purchase for the new Blessing Home Isan building and finding a contractor to build it. Please pray for God to lead us in this.
Here are a few of the "red flags" that we look for:
- Extreme Low Income (1 or 2 red flags, depending upon household size and income);
- Guardian is NOT related to the child (2 red flags if NOT related, one red flag is guardian is NOT a parent or grandparent - the more distant the relation, the more likely the child is to be sold to a brothel or drug ring);
- Guardian is older than 60 years old and parents of child are not present and do not help with finances (1 red flag - this child is in great danger if the guardian loses their health);
- Guardian is a sex worker, drug addict, or sells drugs (2 Red Flags);
- Parent is unable to work because of disability OR is in prison (1 Red Flag);
- Child is being trafficked (4 Red Flags);
- Child is disabled (2 Red Flags)
Pastor Banya and staff as they are being trained this month to implement this new system. This will help us to keep better records and track the children better than the paper record system that is presently used. Once they learn the new system, it will actually be easier than what they are doing at this time. But any change, especially making the leap to computers, can be stressful.
- Please pray for Pastor Banya and the staff of Blessing Home, that they will learn and implement this new system without stress.