Donate to our mission

Send a check in the mail to: Thailand NOW P.O. Box 56 Mannsville, KY 42758 (Please make checks payable to Thailand NOW) Or give online by clicking this link: https://secure.qgiv.com/for/thametmis/

We serve with the Thailand NOW

We serve with the Thailand NOW
Click on the image to visit our website at thailandnow.org

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Praise God for answering silent prayers

Last Thursday, I (Mike) drove Allen Metcalf and his fiance Jahp back to Sammuk Christian Academy, where they serve as missionary teachers. On the way back home, I had to drive down the pothole-infested road which has swampland on both sides of the street. All of a sudden, I hit a deep pothole and then the car swerved suddenly and uncontrollably to the right towards the water. Then it swerved violently to the left to the other side when I put the brake on. I did not have time to pray out loud. There was only enough time for the silent thought "Help me, Lord".
When that silent prayer went up to God, the car all of a sudden straighted out and safely came to a stop in the middle of the street. I praise God that even the silent prayers in our minds are heard by our Lord. When I got out of the car, the left front wheel was facing forward and the right front wheel was turned to the right. The steering arm was broken, not in the usual place at a pivot joint, but had stripped threads. It was only afterwards that I realized how awful this could have been if it had broken a minute later when I would be traveling on the main road at 50 MPH. Thank you Lord, for saving me from disaster.

Today is the first day of the Southeast Asia Consulation in North Carolina. Pastor Sarah of Pradumri First UMC is representing the Thailand Mission. Please pray for her as she serves at this consultation.