1. We want to announce that Joshua and Jessica Johnston have been called by the Lord to return to the States to serve at Fairview Baptist Church in Apex, North Carolina. Joshua is serving as Pastor for Family Discipleship, a position which perfectly suits his passion, gifts, and calling. Our heart-felt prayers and words of blessing surround them as they go to serve where they are called by God.
The Joshua and Jessica served well at Blessing Home TaPhraya, discipling and training new Pioneer Pastors Det and Dao to serve at their church and to become the new directors of this Blessing Home center. It is the goal of every TMM missionary to train Thai Christian leaders to do the ministries that they are doing. We work ourselves out of a job at one location so we can expand to new areas.
2. Please pray for Pastors Det and Dao and their daughter Noke, who are now the Directors of the Blessing Home TaPhraya Center. They are spinning a lot of plates right now. They have businesses to run to be self-sufficient. They are both in their final semester of studies at Global Theological Institute, earning their Bachelor of Ministry degrees (This month is their final month of study). And they lead a new Pioneer Pastor Church and run the Blessing Home Center. Please lift them in prayer as that the Lord will guide them and strengthen them as they have made many transitions.
|Noke teaches Catechism to the young students at Blessing Home TaPhraya|
|Pastor Dao teaches Bible to the teens at Blessing Home TaPhraya|
3. Please continue to pray for Elder Rang, one of three lay pastors who lead the House of Immanuel Church in Buriram province (his wife Mooey is also one of the three lay pastors there). Elder Rang has been diagnosed with abdominal cancer and will going to the hospital for treatment five days per week for the next 6 months. He is in pain and has difficulty breathing right now. Please pray each day for Elder Rang and his wife Elder Mooey.
|Elder Rang at the hospital|
4. House of Immanuel Church also needs your prayers, as they are now down to one lay pastor, Elder Na, who works as a farmer, takes care of a disabled elderly parent, leads the youth ministry at church and is also the worship leader. Now she will need to be the preacher every Sunday for the next for the next six months. Elder Na needs your prayers. We will be working on some solutions to bring much needed help on Sunday mornings to this church in the meantime.
5. PRAISE: Pastor Somchai's back is healed and he is back to work again. We praise the Lord for answering our prayers for quick healing. God is good!
6. Many of you have expressed interest in participating in the KY VIM Team to Thailand in October. Here is the link to the webpage: https://www.kyumc.org/eventdetail/2019-thailand-mission-trip-12083151